The procrustes superimposition method calculates the procrustes average specimen, which removes scale from the specimens. The following covers the options available in Checkpoint’s Shape Analysis tab. Under “Analysis method”, select “Generalized Procrustes Analysis”. Each specimen in the population must have had landmarks added in the same order for the analysis to function properly.
- Filter Specimens: Use the “Include” and “Exclude” to filter specimens based on stratifications.
- Calculate Procrustes Average Specimen: Click the “Analyze” button to calculate the procrustes average for the selected population.
- Unselect Specimen: Click in the 3D window and press “Space Bar”.
The analysis provides the procrustes average, all specimens in procrustes coordinates and aligned to the procrustes average, and all specimens aligned to the procrustes average. The procrustes average renders in red and the specimens render in grey.
View different analysis results with the options under “Result”. These options include:
- All Proc Coord: Renders the procrustes average and all the specimens in procrustes coordinates.
- Proc Ave: Renders the procrustes average.
- Specimens Proc Coords: Renders all the specimens in procrustes coordinates.
- Selected Proc Coord: Renders the procrustes average and the specimen selected under “Specimens”.
- Proc Ave and Specimens: Renders the procrustes average and the specimens in their original scale.
- Specimens: Renders the specimens in their original scale.
- Selected Specimen: Renders the procrustes average and the specimen selected under “Specimens” in its original scale.
Export the selected “Result” in the format specified under “Format”, select the export units under “Units”, then click the “Export” button.