Stratovan hosts an Internet-accessible DICOS Conformance Server that can be used to test against without having to download and install the Stratovan DICOS Toolkit. This is useful for those that have implemented their own DICOS software and would like to evaluate compatibility with the Stratovan DICOS Toolkit. The Stratovan DICOS Conformance Server is located at:
To access the server you must have a Stratovan website account. The results of DICOS data you transmit to the server will be displayed under the DICOS tab on your account page when you are logged in.
Register with Stratovan website: https://www.stratovan.com/register_account
The username and password transmitted via the DICOM networking protocol must match your Stratovan website account information. Store this information in the “User Identity Negotiation” item and set “User Identity Type” to a value of “2”. Please refer to DICOM part 3.7, section D.184.108.40.206 for more information.
The application entity (AE) fields should not be empty for both server and client. The server AE is “ServerExample”.
You can perform a DICOM C-Echo test against this server and also transmit DICOS data to this server.
When you transmit DICOS data to this server, a copy of the data is made and it is checked for conformance to the DICOS specification. Upon receipt, the server immediately posts conformance and transmission results to our website under your account for later review.
You can review the received DICOS data, how Stratovan interprets it, and any other information related to the transmission on your account page under the DICOS tab:
To insure your security, do not use an existing account name or password. Do not transmit Sensitive Security Information (SSI) data to this server. Do not transmit proprietary data to this server. All transmitted data is stored by Stratovan for an extended period of time. Stratovan will never share transmitted data with anyone. Stratovan reserves the right to inspect transmitted data for internal testing, validation, conformance, customer support, and other similar uses. Stratovan shall not be held liable for any data transmitted to Stratovan. This service is provided as-is without any guarantee of security or privacy.
A variety of problems may prevent a successful transmission to our server. Many transmission errors will be logged on your Stratovan webpage user account on the DICOS tab. However, a number of issues will not be reported due to network communication limitations. Please review the following to aid in troubleshooting transmission problems:
- Check your firewall settings to ensure that your computer can access our server.
- Check your Internet connection to ensure that your computer can access our server.
- Make sure you are connecting to dicom.stratovan.com port 204.
- Make sure you have created a user account on the Stratovan website (see above). Try logging into our website to make sure your user credentials are valid.
- Make sure you entered your username and password information correctly into the DICOM “User Identity Negotiation” item; see above for more details.
- Make sure you set the server AE as “ServerExample”. Client AE can be anything – except empty, for example "ClientExample".
- Perform a DICOM C-Echo test prior to uploading/transmitting DICOS data. If the C-Echo test does not work, transmitting DICOS data certainly will not work.
- Do not transmit more than 20MB of DICOS data to our server. If you transmit more than 20MB, the data will not be posted to your Stratovan website account. You should see a transmission message indicating the 20MB limit was breached in this case. In some cases, if you transmit data close to the 20MB limit, the transmission may still be rejected.
If you have any questions regarding the Stratovan Conformance Server, please review our support forum: https://www.stratovan.com/software/security-software/dicos-toolkit
Or contact: email@example.com